Poet (23-May-1799 3-May-1845)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Laurence Brander. Thomas Hood. Longmans, Green. 1963. 47pp. For the British Council and the National Book League.
John Clubbe. Victorian Forerunner: The Later Career of Thomas Hood. Duke University Press. 1968. 255pp.
Lloyd N. Jeffrey. Thomas Hood. Twayne. 1972. 176pp.
Walter Jerrold. Thomas Hood. Rivers. 1907. 421pp.
Sara Lodge. Thomas Hood and Nineteenth-Century Poetry: Work, Play and Politics. Manchester University Press. 2007. 216pp.
J. C. Reid. Thomas Hood. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul. 1963. 286pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.729)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.196)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.482)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.308)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.259)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications