Poet (27-Oct-1932 11-Feb-1963)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Alexander. Rough Magic: A Biography of Sylvia Plath. New York: Viking Penguin. 1991. 402pp.
Renee R. Curry. White Women Writing White: H. D., Elizabeth Bishop, Sylvia Plath, and Whiteness. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 2000. 200pp.
Adam Kirsch. The Wounded Surgeon: Confession and Transformation in Six American Poets. W. W. Norton. 2005. 256pp. The six are: Robert Lowell, Elizabeth Bishop, John Berryman, Randall Jarrell, Delmore Schwartz and Sylvia Plath.
Janet Malcolm. The Silent Woman: Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1994.
Diane Middlebrook. Her Husband: Hughes and Plath, a Marriage. New York: Viking Press. 2003. 361pp.
Arthur Oberg. Modern American Lyric: Lowell, Berryman, Creeley, and Plath. Rutgers University Press. 1978. 182pp.
Linda W. Wagner-Martin. Sylvia Plath: A Biography. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1987. 282pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.605)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.564)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1170)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.190)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.592)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1143-45)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.810)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.576)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.374)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.399)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.68)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.859)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.256)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (pp.665-67)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications