|Richard Henry Dana|
Author (1-Aug-1815 6-Jan-1882)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles Francis Adams. Richard Henry Dana: A Biography. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1890. (2 vols.)
Richard Henry Dana. Two Years Before the Mast. New York: Harper and Brothers. 1840.
Robert L. Gale. Richard Henry Dana, Jr.. New York: Twayne. 1969. 191pp.
Robert F. Lucid (editor). The Journal of Richard Henry Dana, Jr.. Cambridge, MA: The Belknap Press at Harvard University. 1968. (3 vols.) 406pp. + 431pp. + 364pp.
Samuel Shapiro. Richard Henry Dana, Jr., 1815-1882. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press. 1961.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.261)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.382)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.252)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.61)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.182)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.105)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.205)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.248)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.173)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.134)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.214)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.61)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.4)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications