Scientist (16-Jun-1902 2-Sep-1992)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nina Fedoroff, David Botstein. The Dynamic Genome: Barbara McClintock's Ideas in the Century of Genetics. Plainview, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 1992. 422pp.
Nathaniel C. Comfort. The Tangled Field: Barbara McClintock's Search for the Patterns of Genetic Control. Harvard University Press. 2001. 337pp.
Patricia Parratt Craig. Jumping Genes: Barbara McClintock's Scientific Legacy. Carnegie institution of Washington. 1994. 235pp.
Edith Hope Fine. Barbara McClintock : Nobel Prize Geneticist. Springfield, NJ: Enslow Publishers. 1998. 128pp.
Evelyn Fox Keller. A Feeling for the Organism: The Life and Work of Barbara McClintock. San Francisco: W. H. Freeman. 1983. 235pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.439)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.934)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.316)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.332)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.484)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.228)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.313)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.343)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.324)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.129)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications