|Robert A. Taft|
Politician, Relative (8-Sep-1889 31-Jul-1953)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph H. Boucher. A Blind Date With Destiny. Roslindale, MA: (privately-printed). 1959. 118pp.
Caroline Thomas Harnsberger. A Man of Courage: Robert A. Taft. Wilcox and Follett Company: Chicago, IL. 1952. 370pp.
Russell Kirk; James McClellan. The Political Principles of Robert A. Taft. New York: Fleet Press Corporation. 1967. 213pp.
James T. Patterson. Mr. Republican: A Biography of Robert A. Taft. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1972. 749pp.
Jhan Robbins. Eight Weeks to Live: The Last Chapter in the Life of Senator Robert A. Taft. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1954. 23pp.
Phyllis Robbins. Robert A. Taft: Boy and Man. Cambridge, MA: Dresser, Chapman and Grimes. 1963. 288pp.
Gerald Schomp. The Political Assassination of Robert A. Taft. Plantation, FL: Allegiance Books. 1967. 244pp.
Clarence E. Wunderlin. Robert A. Taft: Ideas, Tradition, and Party in U. S. Foreign Policy. Rowman & Littlefield. 2005. 240pp.
Clarence E. Wunderlin (editor). The Papers of Robert A. Taft. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press. 1997, xxxx, 2003, 2006. (4 vols.) 620pp. + 688pp. + 584pp. + 514pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1095)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.686)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1427)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1016)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (pp.687-88)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.716)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.475)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.821)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.303)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.554)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications