Head of State (28-Apr-1758 4-Jul-1831)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Harry Ammon. James Monroe: The Quest for National Identity. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1971.
Harry Ammon (editor). James Monroe: A Bibliography. Westport, CT: Meckler. 1991.
W. P. Cresson. James Monroe. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1946.
Noble E. Cunningham. The Presidency of James Monroe. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas. 1996.
Gary Hart. James Monroe. New York: Times Books. 2005.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.787)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1029)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.729)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.502)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.517)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.509)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.350)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.475)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.688)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.181)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications