Poet (3-Apr-1593 1-Mar-1633)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arthur L. Clements. Poetry of Contemplation: John Donne, George Herbert, Henry Vaughan, and the Modern Period. SUNY Press. 1990. 306pp.
A. G. Hyde. George Herbert and His Times. London: Methuen. 1906. 327pp.
C. A. Patrides (editor). George Herbert: The Critical Heritage. Routledge. 1995. 390pp.
Joseph H. Summers. George Herbert: His Religion and Art. Chatto & Windus. 1954. 246pp.
Harold Toliver. George Herbert's Christian Narrative. Penn State Press. 1989. 288pp.
Izaak Walton. The Life of Rev. George Herbert. J. B. Dow. 1842. 67pp. First published 1670.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.700)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.116)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.188)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.262-63)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.466)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.233)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.250)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.21)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications