Football (2-Feb-1895 31-Oct-1983)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jeff Davis. Papa Bear: The Life and Legacy of George Halas. New York: McGraw-Hill. 2004. 544pp.
George Halas; with Gwen Morgan; Arthur Veysey. Halas By Halas: The Autobiography of George Halas. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1979. 351pp.
George Vass. George Halas and the Chicago Bears. Chicago, IL: Henry Regnery. 1971. 343pp.
Richard Whittingham. The Chicago Bears: From George Halas to Super Bowl XX: An Illustrated History. Simon & Schuster. 1986. 299pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.440)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.217)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.301)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.284)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.376-79)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.523)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.342)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.867)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.484)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.263)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications