Astronomer, Mathematician (19-Feb-1473 24-May-1543)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Angus Armitage. Copernicus: The Founder of Modern Astronomy. London: G. Allen & Unwin. 1938. 183pp.
Owen Gingerich. The Book Nobody Read: In Pursuit of the Revolutions of Nicolaus Copernicus. London: Heinemann. 2004.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.344)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.227)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.64)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.143)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.123)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.143)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.106)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.78)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.122)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.54)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.152)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications