Military (2-Jan-1727 13-Sep-1759)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Duncan Grinnell-Milne. Mad, Is He? The Character and Achievement of James Wolfe. London: The Bodley Head. 1963. 304pp.
Stuart Reid. Wolfe: The Career of General James Wolfe from Culloden to Quebec. Rockville Centre, NY: Sarpedon. 2000. 224pp.
Robin Reilly. The Rest to Fortune: The Life of Major General James Wolfe. London: Cassell. 1960. 366pp.
W. T. Waugh. James Wolfe: Man and Soldier. Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Louis Carrier & Co.. 1928. 333pp.
Beckles Wilson. The Life and Letters of James Wolfe: With Many illustrations and Plans. London: William Heinemann. 1909. 522pp.
Robert Wright. The Life of Major-General James Wolfe Founded on Original Documents and Illustrated by his Correspondence. London: Chapman Hall. 1864. 626pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1575)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1123)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.444)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.804)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.519)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.742)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications