Military (2-Oct-1851 20-Mar-1929)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sir George Aston. The Biography of the Late Marshal Foch. New York: Macmillian. 1929. 483pp.
Andrew Hilliard Atteridge. Marshal Ferdinand Foch: His Life and His Theory of Modern War. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company. 1919. 286pp.
Cyril Falls. Marshal Foch. London and Glasgow, Scotland: Blackie & Son, Ltd.. 1939. 192pp.
Ferdinand Foch. Translated by Col. T. Bentley Mott. The Memoirs of Marshal Foch. London: Heinemann. 1931. 518pp.
Lt. Col. T. M. Hunter. Marshal Foch: A Study in Leadership. Ottawa, Canada: Directorate of Military Training. 1961. 250pp.
Rene Puaux. Marshal Foch: His Life, His Work, His Faith. Hodder & Stoughton. 1918. 208pp.
Raymond Recouly (editor). Marshal Foch: His Own Words on Many Subjects. London: Thornton Butterworth. 1929. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.231)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.226)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.526)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.107-09)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.252)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.181)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.214)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.124)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications