Novelist (17-Sep-1935 10-Nov-2001)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bruce Carnes. Ken Kesey. Boise, ID: Boise State University. 1974.
Barry H. Leeds. Ken Kesey. New York: Frederick Ungar Publishing Co.. 1981. 134pp.
Paul Perry; et. al.. On the Bus: The Complete Guide to the Legendary Trip of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters and the Birth of the Counterculture. New York, NY: Thunder's Mouth Press. 1997. 195pp.
M. Gilbert Porter. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest: Rising to Heroism. Farmington Hills, MI: Twayne. 1989.
Elaine B. Safer. The Contemporary American Comic Epic: The Novels of Barth, Pynchon, Gaddis and Kesey. Wayne State University Press. 1988. 216pp.
George J. Searles. A Casebook on Ken Kesey's One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. University of New Mexico Press. 1992. 209pp.
Stephen L. Tanner. Ken Kesey. Twayne. 1983. 159pp.
Peter O. Whitmer; Bruce Van Wyngarden. Aquarius Revisited: Seven Who Created the Sixties Counterculture That Changed America. New York: Macmillan. 1987. 260pp. The seven are: William Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Ken Kesey, Timothy Leary, Norman Mailer, Tom Robbins, and Hunter S. Thompson.
Tom Wolfe. The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux. 1968. 413pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.823)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.135)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.712-13)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.449-51)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.398)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.554)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.399)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.22)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.8)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications