|Brian De Palma|
Film Director (born 11-Sep-1940)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Michael Bliss. Brian De Palma. Scarecrow Press. 1983. 159pp.
Laurent Bouzereau. The De Palma Cut: The Films of America's Most Controversial Director. Dembner Books. 1988. 176pp.
Susan Dworkin. Double De Palma: A Film Study with Brian De Palma. Newmarket Press. 1984. 212pp.
Laurence F. Knapp (editor). Brian De Palma: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 2003. 197pp.
Kenneth MacKinnon. Misogyny in the Movies: The De Palma Question. University of Delaware Press. 1990. 219pp.
Kenneth Von Gunden. Postmodern Auteurs: Coppola, Lucas, De Palma, Spielberg, and Scorsese. McFarland. 1991. 200pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.371)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.153)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.83)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.152)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.132)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.144)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.123-25)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.119)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.226)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.226-30)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.144)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.66)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications