Film Director (born 28-Sep-1950)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Diane Carson; Heidi Kenaga (editors). Sayles Talk: New Perspectives on Independent Filmmaker John Sayles. Detroit, MI: Wayne State University Press. 2006. 296pp.
Diane Carson (editor). John Sayles: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 1999. 256pp.
Gerry Molyneaux. John Sayles: An Unauthorized Biography of the Pioneering Indie Filmmaker. Los Angeles: Renaissance Books. 2000.
Jack Ryan. John Sayles, Filmmaker: A Critical Study of the Independent Writer-director: With a Filmography and a Bibliography. McFarland. 1998. 271pp.
Gavin Smith (editor). Sayles on Sayles. Faber and Faber. 1998. 277pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1244)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.296)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.478)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.445)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.401-02)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.359)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.777)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.760-64)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.443-45)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.647)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.339)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications