Novelist (25-Jan-1950 28-Sep-2016)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sharon C. Felton. The Critical Response to Gloria Naylor. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1997. 296pp.
Virginia C. Fowler. Gloria Naylor: In Search of Sanctuary. Twayne. 1996.
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.; Kwame Anthony Appiah (editors). Gloria Naylor: Critical Perspectives Past and Present. New York: Amistad Press. 1993. 476pp.
Trudier Harris-Lopez. The Power of the Porch: The Storyteller's Craft in Zora Neale Hurston, Gloria Naylor, and Randall Kenan. University of Georgia Press. 1996. 152pp.
Margot Anne Kelley (editor). Gloria Naylor's Early Novels. University Press of Florida. 1999. 168pp.
Maxine Lavon Montgomery (editor). Conversations With Gloria Naylor. University Press of Mississippi. 2004. 198pp.
Shirley A. Stave (editor). Gloria Naylor: Strategy and Technique, Magic and Myth. University of Delaware Press. 1999. 200pp.
Margaret Earley Whitt. Understanding Gloria Naylor. University of South Carolina Press. 1999.
Charles E. Wilson. Gloria Naylor: A Critical Companion. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2001.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.176)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.721)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.495)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.788)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.622)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications