Football, Author (7-Apr-1859 14-Mar-1925)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard P. Borkowski. The Life and Contributions of Walter Camp to American Football. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press. 1979. 353pp.
Harford Powel. Walter Camp: The Father of American Football. Boston: Little, Brown and Co.. 1926. 238pp.
Kathleen D. Valenzi; Michael W. Hopps. Champion of Sport: The Life of Walter Camp, 1859-1925. Charlottesville, VA: Howell Press. 1990. 132pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.860)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.515)
- Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: Football (pp.85-87)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.40)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.259)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.170)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications