Baseball (12-Aug-1880 7-Oct-1925)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Frank Deford. The Old Ball Game: How John McGraw, Christy Mathewson, and the New York Giants Created Modern Baseball. Grove Press. 2006. 256pp.
Michael Hartley. Christy Mathewson: A Biography. McFarland. 2004. 207pp.
Ronald A. Mayer. Christy Mathewson: A Game-by-game Profile of a Legendary Pitcher. McFarland. 1993. 380pp.
Ray Robinson. Matty: An American Hero, Christy Mathewson of the New York Giants. Oxford University Press. 1993. 272pp.
Gene Schoor. Christy Mathewson: Baseball's Greatest Pitcher. J. Messner. 1953. 180pp.
Philip Seib. The Player: Christy Mathewson, Baseball, and the American Century. Thunder's Mouth Press. 2004. 224pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.988)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.699)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.479)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.126-28)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.654)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.531)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.873)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.464)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.267)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications