Composer, Criminal (c. 1560 8-Sep-1613)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Cecil Gray; Philip Heseltine. Carlo Gesualdo: Musician and Murderer. London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co.. 1926. 145pp.
Shlomo Giora Shoham. Art, Crime, and Madness: Gesualdo, Caravaggio, Genet, Van Gogh, Artaud. Sussex Academic Press. 2003. 223pp.
Glenn Watkins. Gesualdo: The Man and His Music. Oxford University Press. 1973. 334pp. Revised edition in 1991.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.340)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.255)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.338)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.129)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.93)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications