Military (2-Jun-1815 1-Sep-1862)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Watts De Peyster. Personal and Military History of Philip Kearny, Major-General United States Volunteers. New York: Rice and Gage. 1869. 512p.
Thomas Kearny. General Philip Kearny: Battle Soldier of Five Wars. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1937. 496pp.
Irving Werstein. Kearny the Magnificent: The Story of General Philip Kearny, 1815-1862. New York: John Day Co.. 1962. 248pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Webster's American Biographies (p.571)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.202)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.395)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.391)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.516)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications