Novelist (22-Feb-1917 4-May-1973)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Millicent Dillon. A Little Original Sin: The Life and Work of Jane Bowles. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 1981. 464pp.
Millicent Dillon (editor). Out in the World: Selected Letters of Jane Bowles, 1935-1970. Black Sparrow Press. 1985. 319pp.
Jennie Skerl (editor). A Tawdry Place of Salvation: The Art of Jane Bowles. Southern Illinois University Press. 1997. 185pp.
Sherill Tippins. February House: The Story of W. H. Auden, Carson McCullers, Jane and Paul Bowles, Benjamin Britten, and Gypsy Rose Lee, Under One Roof In Wartime America. Houghton Mifflin. 2005. 224pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.145-47)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.90)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.22)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.202-04)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.31)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.81)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.50)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.124)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.130)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications