|Gotthold Ephraim Lessing|
Playwright, Philosopher, Critic (22-Jan-1729 15-Feb-1781)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
F. Andrew Brown. Gotthold Ephraim Lessing. Twayne. 1971. 205pp.
Karin Fischer; Thomas C. Fox (editors). A Companion to the Works of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing. Camden House. 2005. 410pp.
Willi Goetschel. Spinoza's Modernity: Mendelssohn, Lessing, and Heine. University of Wisconsin Press. 2004. 351pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.888)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.146)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.554-56)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.594)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.164)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.299)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.405)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.527)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.179)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.310)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.38)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications