Novelist (21-Dec-1917 16-Jul-1985)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Heinrich Böll. What's to Become of the Boy? Or: Something to Do With Books. Alfred A. Knopf. 1984.
Robert C. Conard. Understanding Heinrich Boll. University of South Carolina Press. 1991. 182pp.
Charlotte W. Ghurye. The Writer and Society: Studies in the Fiction of Günter Grass and Heinrich Böll. Herbert Lang. 1976. 76pp.
Aleidine Kramer Moeller. The Woman as Survivor: The Evolution of the Female Figure in the Works of Heinrich Boll. New York: Peter Lang. 1992. 171pp.
James H. Reid. Heinrich Boll: Withdrawal and Re-Emergence. O. Wolff. 1973. 95pp.
Wilhelm Johannes. Schwarz. Translated by Alexander & Elizabeth Henderson (from German). Heinrich Boll, Teller of Tales: A Study of His Works and Characters. New York: Ungar. 1969. 123pp.
Ray Lewis White. Heinrich Boll in America, 1954-1970. New York: Georg Olms Verlag. 1979.
Reinhard K. Zachau. Heinrich Boll: Forty Years of Criticism. Columbia: Camden House. 1994. 159pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.84)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.83)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.174)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.67)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.30)
- Current Biography, 1972 Yearbook (pp.44-47)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.174-76)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.120)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.54)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.61)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.102)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.28)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.70)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.33)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications