Composer, Poet (8-Nov-1883 3-Oct-1953)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arnold Bax. Farewell, My Youth. London, New York, Toronto: Longmans, Green and Co.. 1943. 112pp.
Lewis Foreman. Bax: A Composer and His Times. Scolar Press. 1983. 491pp. 2nd edition in 1988, 3rd edition in 2007.
Graham Parlett. A Catalogue of the Works of Sir Arnold Bax. Oxford University Press. 1999. 412pp.
Colin Scott-Sutherland. Arnold Bax. Dent. 1973. 214pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.42)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.44)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.28)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.29)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.65)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications