Playwright (6-Feb-1564 30-May-1593)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Rodney Bolt. History Play: The Lives and Afterlife of Christopher Marlowe. New York: Bloomsbury. 2005.
Robert E. Knoll. Christopher Marlowe. Twayne. 1969. 160pp.
Paul H. Kocher. Christopher Marlowe: A Study of His Thought, Learning, and Character. Russell & Russell. 1962. 344pp.
Constance Brown Kuriyama. Christopher Marlowe: A Renaissance Life. Cornell University Press. 2002. 255pp.
Charles Nicholl. The Reckoning: The Murder of Christopher Marlowe. University of Chicago Press. 1995. 424pp.
David Riggs. The World of Christopher Marlowe. New York: Henry Holt & Co.. 2005.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.975)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.157)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.258)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.133)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.341-43)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.654)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.330)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.448)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (pp.545-48)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.196)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.348)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.23)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications