Songwriter (6-Dec-1896 17-Aug-1983)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Philip Furia. Ira Gershwin: The Art of the Lyricist. Oxford University Press. 1997. 304pp.
Edward Jablonski; Lawrence D. Stewart. The Gershwin Years. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1958. 313pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.542)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.255)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.251)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.279)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.217)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.171)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.191)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.269)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.340)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.351)
- American Songwriters (pp.181-84)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications