|Jessie Redmon Fauset|
Novelist, Editor (27-Apr-1882 30-Apr-1961)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Carol Allen. Black Women Intellectuals: Strategies of Nation, Family, and Neighborhood in the Works of Pauline Hopkins, Jessie Fauset, and Marita Bonner. New York: Garland Publishing. 1998. 169pp.
Licia Morrow Calloway; Yoshinobu Hakutani. Black Family (Dys)Function in Novels by Jessie Fauset, Nella Larson, & Fannie Hurst. Peter Lang Publishing. 2003. 174pp.
Sharon L. Jones. Rereading the Harlem Renaissance: Race, Class, and Gender in the Fiction of Jessie Fauset, Zora Neale Hurston, and Dorothy West. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 2002. 176pp.
Jacquelyn Y. McLendon. The Politics of Color in the Fiction of Jessie Fauset and Nella Larsen. University of Virginia Press. 1995. 142pp.
Portia Boulware Ransom. Black Love and the Harlem Renaissance: The Novels of Nella Larsen, Jessie Redmon Fauset, and Zora Neale Hurston: An Essay in African American Literary Criticism. Edwin Mellen Press. 2006. 181pp.
Carolyn Wedin Sylvander. Jessie Redmon Fauset: Black American Writer. Whitston Publishing Company. 1981. 292pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.440)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.243)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.230)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.281)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.49)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.78)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.359)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.306)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications