Author (8-Feb-1577 25-Jan-1640)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lawrence Babb. Sanity in Bedlam: A Study of Robert Burton's Anatomy of Melancholy. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press. 1959.
A. Brownlee. William Shakespeare and Robert Burton. Reading: Bradley and Son. 1960. 337pp. Exploring the possibility that Burton may have authored substantial portions of Shakespeare's plays.
Joey Conn. Robert Burton and the Anatomy of Melancholy: An Annotated Bibliography of Primary and Secondary Sources. Greenwood Press. 1988.
Bergen Evans. The Psychiatry of Robert Burton. New York: Columbia University Press. 1944. 129pp.
Nicolas K. Kiessling. The Library of Robert Burton. Oxford, England: Oxford Bibliographical Society. 1988. 433pp. With 1738 bibliographic listings, 1500 of which reside at Oxford.
William Randolph Mueller. The Anatomy of Robert Burton's England. University of California Press. 1952.
Jean Robert Simon. Robert Burton et l'Anatomie de la Mélancolie. Paris, France: Didier. 1964. 531pp.
Paul Jordan Smith. Bibliographia Burtoniana: A Study of Robert Burton's "The Anatomy of Melancholy": With a Bibliography of Burton's Writings. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press. 1931. 120pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.236)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.39)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.65)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.74-75)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.154)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.80)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.115)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.80)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.77)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications