|C. P. Snow|
Author (15-Oct-1905 1-Jul-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Atkins. Six Novelists Look at Society: An Enquiry into the Social Views of Elizabeth Bowen, L. P. Hartley, Rosamund Lehman, Christopher Isherwood, Nancy Mitford, C. P. Snow. London: John Calder. 1977. 284pp.
Paul Boytinck. C. P. Snow: A Bibliography: Works By and About Him, Complete with Selected Annotations. Norwood. 1977. 144pp.
Paul W. Boytinck. C. P. Snow: A Reference Guide. Prentice-Hall. 1980.
Bo H. T. Eriksson. The "Structuring Forces" of Detection: The Cases of C. P. Snow & John Fowles. Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis. 1995. 254pp.
Nora Calhoun Graves. The Two Culture Theory in C. P. Snow's Novels. University and College Press of Mississippi. 1971.
John Halperin (editor). C. P. Snow: An Oral Biography Together with a Conversation with Lady Snow. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1983. 272pp.
Frederick R. Karl. C. P. Snow: The Politics of Conscience. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press. 1963. 162pp.
F. R. Leavis. Two Cultures? The Significance of C. P. Snow. London: Chatto and Windus. 1962. The Richmond Lecture for 1962.
John de la Mothe. C. P. Snow and the Struggle of Modernity. Montreal, Quebec, Canada: McGill-Queen's University Press. 1992. 288pp.
Suguna Ramanathan. The Novels of C. P. Snow: A Critical Introduction. London: Macmillan. 1978. 125pp.
David Shusterman. C. P. Snow. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1975. 162pp.
Philip Snow. Time of Renewal: Clusters of Characters, C. P. Snow and Coups. Radcliffe Press. 1997. 256pp.
Philip Snow. Stranger and Brother: A Portrait of C. P. Snow. Macmillan. 1982. 206pp.
Jerome Thale. C. P. Snow: A Biographical and Critical Study. New York: Charles Scribner's. 1965.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.224)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1151-55)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.932)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.959)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.204)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.658)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.458)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.179)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.487)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.25)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications