Novelist, Poet (4-Mar-1928 25-Apr-2010)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stanley S. Atherton. Alan Sillitoe: A Critical Assessment. London: W. H. Allen. 1979. 215pp.
David Gerard. Alan Sillitoe: A Bibliography. H. W. Wilson. 1986. 288pp.
Gillian Mary Hanson. Understanding Alan Sillitoe. University of South Carolina Press. 1999. 197pp.
Allen Richard Penner. Alan Sillitoe. Twayne. 1972. 156pp.
John Sawkins. The Long Apprenticeship: Alienation in the Early Work of Alan Sillitoe. Peter Lang. 2001. 297pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.220)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1131-34)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1302-05)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.947)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.649)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.454)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.478)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.25)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications