Singer (2-Apr-1939 1-Apr-1984)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sharon Davis. I Heard it Through the Grapevine: Marvin Gaye: The Biography. Mainstream. 1991. 192pp.
Michael Eric Dyson. Mercy, Mercy Me: The Art, Loves and Demons of Marvin Gaye. Basic Civitas Books. 2005. 304pp.
Ben Edmonds. What's Going On? Marvin Gaye and the Last Days of the Motown Sound. Taylor & Francis. 2002. 284pp.
Frankie Gaye; with Fred E. Basten. Marvin Gaye, My Brother. Backbeat Books. 2003. 214pp.
David Ritz. Divided Soul: The Life of Marvin Gaye. Da Capo Press. 2002. 416pp.
Steve Turner. Trouble Man: The Life and Death of Marvin Gaye. HarperCollins. 2000. 272pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.572)
- Encylopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul (pp.250-52)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.266)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.197)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.216)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications