Artist (21-Aug-1872 16-Mar-1898)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stephen Calloway. Aubrey Beardsley. New York: Harry N. Abrams. 1998. 224pp.
Brian Reade. Beardsley. London: Studio Vista. 1967. 372pp.
Chris Snodgrass. Aubrey Beardsley: Dandy of the Grotesque. New York: Oxford University Press. 1995. 338pp.
Matthew Sturgis. Aubrey Beardsley: A Biography. London: Flamingo. 1999. 404pp.
Stanley Weintraub. Beardsley: A Biography. London: W. H. Allen. 1967. 285pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.40)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.121)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.43)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.85)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.39)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.20)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.29)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.69)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications