|Frederick the Great|
Royalty (24-Jan-1712 17-Aug-1786)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George Peabody Gooch. Frederick the Great: The Ruler, the Writer, the Man. London: Longmans, Green. 1947. 363pp.
Giles MacDonogh. Frederick the Great: A Life in Deed and Letters. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press. 2000.
Ludwig Reiners. Translated by Lawrence P. Wilson. Frederick the Great: An Informal Biography. London: Oswald Wolff. 1960. 304pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.544)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.240)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.116)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.318)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (pp.258-59)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.316)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.188)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.224)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.165)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications