|James Whitcomb Riley|
Poet (7-Oct-1849 22-Jul-1916)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Marcus Dickey. The Youth of James Whitcomb Riley: Fortune's Way with the Poet from Infancy to Manhood. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1919. 425pp.
Marcus Dickey. The Maturity of James Whitcomb Riley: Fortune's Way with the Poet in the Prime of Life and After. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1922. 427pp.
John A. Howland. James Whitcomb Riley in Prose and Picture. Handy & Higgins. 1903. 98pp.
Clara E. Laughlin. Reminiscences of James Whitcomb Riley. Chicago: Fleming H. Revell. 1915. 114pp.
Daniel L. Marsh. The Faith of the People's Poet: James Whitcomb Riley. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1920. 254pp.
Minnie Belle Mitchell. James Whitcomb Riley as I Knew Him: Real Incidents in the Early Life of America's Beloved Poet. Greenfield, IN: Old Swimmin' Hole Press. 1949. 224pp.
Jeannette Covert Nolan; Horace Gregory; James T. Farrell. Poet of the People: An Evaluation of James Whitcomb Riley. Indiana University Press. 1951. 106pp.
Jeannette Covert Nolan. James Whitcomb Riley: Hoosier Poet. Julian Messner. 1941. 263pp.
William Lyon Phelps (editor). Letters of James Whitcomb Riley. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1930. 349pp.
Peter Revell. James Whitcomb Riley. Twayne. 1970. 174pp.
Anthony J. Russo; Dorothy R. Russo. A Bibliography of James Whitcomb Riley. Indianapolis: Indiana Historical Society. 1944. 351pp.
Elizabeth J. Van Allen. James Whitcomb Riley: A Life. Indiana University Press. 1999. 352pp.
Thomas E. Q. Williams. James Whitcomb Riley: The Poet as Flying Islands of the Night. Coiny Publishing Co.. 1997. 660pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1243)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.875)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.343)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.201)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.641)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.654)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.872)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.612)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.573)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.866)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications