Novelist, Poet (born 22-Feb-1938)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jay Boyer. Ishmael Reed. Boise, ID: Boise State University. 1993. 52pp.
Bruce Allen Dick (editor). The Critical Response to Ishmael Reed. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated. 1999. 304pp.
Jeffrey Ebbesen. Postmodernism and Its Others: The Fiction of Ishmael Reed, Kathy Acker, and Don DeLillo. Routledge. 2006.
Robert Elliot Fox. Conscientious Sorcerers: The Black Postmodernist Fiction of LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka, Ishmael Reed, and Samuel R. Delany. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1987. 153pp.
Reginald Martin. Ishmael Reed and the New Black Aesthetic Critics. Gordonsville, VA: Palgrave MacMillan. 1988.
Patrick McGee. Ishmael Reed and the Ends of Race. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1997.
Peter Nazareth. In the Trickster Tradition: The Novels of Andrew Salkey, Francis Ebejar and Ishmael Reed. Bogle L'Ouverture Press. 1994.
Elizabeth A. Settle; Thomas A. Settle. Ishmael Reed: A Primary and Secondary Bibliography. 1982. 155pp.
Amritjit Singh; Bruce Dick (editors). Conversations with Ishmael Reed. University Press of Mississippi. 1996. 393pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.198)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1053-54)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.679-82)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.631)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.338)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.860)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1278)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.602)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.418)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.191)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications