Tennis (10-Jul-1943 6-Feb-1993)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arthur Ashe; with Arnold Rampersad. Days of Grace: A Memoir. New York, NY: Alfred A. Knopf Incorporated. 1993.
Arthur Ashe; with Frank Deford. Arthur Ashe: Portrait in Motion. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1975. 272pp.
Arthur Ashe; with Neil Amdur. Off the Court. New American Library. 1981. 230pp.
Richard Steins. Arthur Ashe: A Biography. Greenwood Press. 2005. 103pp.
Mike Towle (editor). I Remember Arthur Ashe: Memories of a True Tennis Pioneer and Champion of Social Causes by the People Who Knew Him. Cumberland House Publishing. 2001. 175pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.23)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.70)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.41)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.19)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.17)
- Current Biography, 1966 Yearbook (pp.10-12)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.24)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.39-40)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.42-44)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.512)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.123-25)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.857)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.12)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.258)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications