Composer (28-Dec-1896 16-Mar-1985)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Andrea Olmstead. Roger Sessions and His Music. UMI Research Press. 1985. 218pp.
Andrea Olmstead (editor). Conversations with Roger Sessions. Northeastern University Press. 1987. 274pp.
Andrea Olmstead (editor). The Correspondence of Roger Sessions. Northeastern University Press. 1992. 539pp.
Frederik Prausnitz. Roger Sessions: How a "Difficult" Composer Got that Way. Oxford University Press. 2002. 348pp.
Roger Sessions. Reflections on the Music Life in the United States. Merlin Press. 1956. 184pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.605)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.640)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1329)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.935)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.360)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.801)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.226)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.929)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.660)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.448)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.163)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.82)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.416)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications