Head of State (29-Dec-1808 31-Jul-1875)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Annette Gordon-Reed. Andrew Johnson: The 17th President, 1865-1869. New York: Times Books. 2011. 166pp.
Edmund G. Ross. History of the Impeachment of Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, by the House of Representatives, and His Trial by the Senate, for High Crimes and Misdemeanors in Office. Santa Fe: Privately Printed. 1896. 180pp.
Hans L. Trefousse. Impeachment of a President: Andrew Johnson, the Blacks, and Reconstruction. University of Tennessee Press. 1975. 252pp.
Hans L. Trefousse. Andrew Johnson: A Biography. New York: W. W Norton. 1989. 463pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.613)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.788)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.549)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.384)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.533)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.374)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.263)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.356)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.178)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.500)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.177)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications