Anthropologist, Explorer (16-Feb-1822 17-Jan-1911)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Martin Brookes. Extreme Measures: The Dark Visions and Bright Ideas of Francis Galton. London: Bloomsbury Publishing. 2004. 298pp.
Michael G. Bulmer. Francis Galton: Pioneer of Heredity and Biometry. Johns Hopkins University Press. 2003. 376pp.
Derek William Forrest. Francis Galton: The Life and Work of a Victorian Genius. New York: Taplinger. 1974. 340pp.
Francis Galton. Memories of My Life. London: Methuen. 1908. 339pp.
Nicholas Wright Gillham. A Life of Sir Francis Galton: From African Exploration to the Birth of Eugenics. New York: Oxford University Press. 2001. 416pp.
Milo Keynes (editor). Sir Francis Galton, FRS: The Legacy of His Ideas. London: Macmillan. 1993. Proceedings of the 28th annual symposium of the Galton Institute, London, 1991.
Karl Pearson. The Life, Letters and Labours of Francis Galton. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 1914-30. (3 (in 4) vols.) 246pp. + 426pp. + 673pp. Volume I, Birth 1822 to Marriage 1853; Volume II, Researches of Middle Life; Volume IIIA, Correlation, Personal Identification, and Eugenics; Volume IIIB, Characterization, Especially by Letters, and Index.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.254)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.563)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.249)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.194)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.188)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.137)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.175)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications