|Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard|
Military (28-May-1818 20-Feb-1893)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Hamilton Basso. Beauregard: The Great Creole. New York and London: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1933. 333pp.
Alfred Roman. The Military Operations of General Beauregard in the War Between the States, 1861 to 1865: Including a Brief Personal Sketch and a Narrative of His Services in the War with Mexico, 1846-8. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1883. (2 vols.) 1285pp.
T. Harry Williams. P. G. T. Beauregard: Napoleon in Gray. LSU Press. 1954. 345pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.40)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.48)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.123)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.79)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.75)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.43)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (pp.72-73)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.60)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.20)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications