Actor, Inventor (9-Nov-1913 19-Jan-2000)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Devra Z. Hill. What Almost Happened to Hedy Lamarr, 1940-67. Corona Books. 2008. 212pp.
Hedy Lamarr; with Leo Guild; Cy Rice. Ecstasy and Me: My Life as A Woman. New York City: Bartholomew House. 1966. 318pp.
Richard Rhodes. Hedy's Folly: The Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World. Alfred A. Knopf. 2011. 336pp.
Rob Walters. Spread Spectrum: Hedy Lamarr and the Mobile Phone. London, England: BookSurge. 2005. 275pp.
Christopher Young. The Films of Hedy Lamarr. Secaucus, NJ: Citadel Press,. 1978. 251pp.
- Official Website: http://www.hedylamarr.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.803)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.319)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.269)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.314)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.236)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.486)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.82)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.294)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications