|Edwin M. Stanton|
Politician (19-Dec-1814 24-Dec-1869)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Frank A. Flower. Edwin McMasters Stanton: The Autocrat of Rebellion, Emancipation, and Reconstruction. Western W. Wilson. 1905. 425pp.
George C. Gorham. Life and Public Services of Edwin M. Stanton. Boston and New York: Houghton, Mifflin. 1899. (2 vols.) 456pp. + 478pp.
Benjamin Platt Thomas; Harold Melvin Hyman. Stanton: The Life and Times of Lincoln's Secretary of War. Alfred A. Knopf. 1962. 642pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1050)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1387)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.975)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.690)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.995)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.185)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications