Criminal (1706 7-Apr-1739)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Derek Barlow. Dick Turpin and the Gregory Gang. Chichester, England: Phillimore & Co.. 1973.. 477pp.
Henry Downes Miles. Dick Turpin. London: Thomas White. 1840. 323pp.
James Sharpe. Dick Turpin: The Myth of the English Highwayman. London: Profile Books Ltd.. 2004. 258pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1482)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1052)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.490)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications