Composer (12-Nov-1833 27-Feb-1887)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Gerald E. H. Abraham. Borodin: The Composer & His Music: A Descriptive and Critical Analysis of His Works and a Study of His Value as an Art-Force, with Many References to the Russian Kouchka Circle of Five -- Balakirev, Moussorgsky, CÚsar Cui and Rimsky-Korsakov with Borodin. London: William Reeves. 1927. 205pp.
Serge Dianin. Translated by Robert Lord. Borodin. London: Oxford University Press. 1963. 357pp.
N. Figurovskii, Y. Solov'ev. Aleksandr Porfir'evich Borodin: A Chemist's Biography. Springer-Verlag. 1988. 171pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.182)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.82)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.125)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.107)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.43-44)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.115-16)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.63)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.72)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.29)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.84)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.43)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.48)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications