Playwright (1596 29-Oct-1666)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sandra A. Burner. James Shirley: A Study of Literary Coteries and Patronage in Seventeenth-Century England. University Press of America. 1988. 234pp.
Robert Stanley Forsythe. The Relations of Shirley's Plays to the Elizabethan Drama. Columbia University Press. 1914. 483pp.
Richard Gerber. James Shirley: Dramatiker der Dekadenz. A. Francke. 1952. 109pp. Language: German.
Ben Lucow. James Shirley. Twayne. 1981. 176pp.
Arthur Huntington Nason. James Shirley, Dramatist: A Biographical and Critical Study. New York: Arthur H. Nason, Publishers. 1915. 469pp.
Ruth K. Zimmer. James Shirley: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1980. 132pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1343)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.342)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.469-70)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.942)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.782)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.476)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications