Composer (25-Dec-1871 14-Apr-1915)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James M. Baker. The Music of Alexander Scriabin. Yale University Press. 1986. 289pp.
Faubion Bowers. Scriabin: A Biography. Dover. 1996. 636pp. 2nd Edition.
Arthur Eaglefield Hull. A Great Russian Tone-Poet: Scriabin. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co.. 1916. 304pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.691)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.635)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1320)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.359)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.925)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.793)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.224-26)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.920-22)
- Slavonic Encyclopedia (p.1133)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.91)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.167)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.412)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.408)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications