Poet (9-Aug-1922 2-Dec-1985)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
B. C. Bloomfield. Philip Larkin: A Bibliography 1933-1976. London: Faber and Faber. 1979. 187pp.
B. C. Bloomfield. Philip Larkin: A Bibliography, 1933-1994. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press. 2001. 256pp.
Bruce Martin. Philip Larkin. Twayne. 1978. 166pp.
Janice Rossen. Philip Larkin: His Life's Work. University of Iowa Press. 1989. 156pp.
Anthony Thwaite (editor). Selected Letters of Philip Larkin, 1940-1985. London: Faber & Faber. 1992. 791pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.426)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.141)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.834-36)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.580)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.401)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.289)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.183)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.303)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.22)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications