|John Crowe Ransom|
Poet, Author (30-Apr-1888 4-Jul-1974)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Robert Buffington. The Equilibrist: A Study of John Crowe Ransom's Poems, 1916-1963. Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University Press. 1967.
Karl F. Knight. The Poetry of John Crowe Ransom: A Study of Diction, Metaphor, and Symbol. The Hague, Netherlands: Mouton. 1964. 133pp.
D. David Long; Michael R. Burr (editors). John Crowe Ransom: Gentlemen, Teacher, Poet, Editor, Founder of the Kenyon Review: A Tribute from the Community of Letters. Mount Vernon, OH: Printing Arts Press. 1964.
James A. Magner. John Crowe Ransom: Critical Principles and Preoccupations. The Hague/Paris: Mouton. 1971. 134pp.
Mark G. Malvasi. The Unregenerate South: The Agrarian Thought of John Crowe Ransom, Allen Tate, and Donald Davidson. Louisiana State University Press. 1997. 261pp.
Marion Montgomery. John Crowe Ransom and Allen Tate: At Odds about the Ends of History and the Mystery of Nature. McFarland & Company. 2003.
Thornton Parsons. John Crowe Ransom. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1969.
Kieran Quinlan. John Crowe Ransom's Secular Faith. Louisiana State University Press. 1989. 140pp.
John L. Stewart. The Fugitives and Agrarians: The Nashville Groups of the 1920's and 1930's, and the Writing of John Crowe Ransom, Allen Tate, and Robert Penn Warren. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 1966. 551pp.
Miller Williams. The Poetry of John Crowe Ransom. Rutgers University Press. 1972. 125pp.
Thomas Daniel Young; George Core (editors). Selected Letters of John Crowe Ransom.. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press. 1985.
Thomas Daniel Young (editor). John Crowe Ransom: Critical Essays and a Bibliography. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press. 1968.
Thomas Daniel Young. John Crowe Ransom: An Annotated Bibliography. Garland Publishing, Inc.. 1982. 187pp.
Thomas Daniel Young. Gentleman in a Dustcoat: A Biography of John Crowe Ransom. Louisiana State University Press. 1976. 528pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.629)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.585)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1217)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.857)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.304)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1147)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.625)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.855)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.598)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.415)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.270)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications