Basketball, Author, Educator (14-Oct-1910 4-Jun-2010)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Steve Bisheff. John Wooden: An American Treasure. Cumberland House Publishing. 2004. 269pp.
Dwight Chapin; Jeff Prugh. The Wizard of Westwood: Coach John Wooden and His UCLA Bruins. Houghton Mifflin. 1973. 322pp.
Neville L. Johnson. The John Wooden Pyramid of Success: The Biography, Oral History, Philosophy and Ultimate Guide to Life, Leadership, Friendship and Love of the Greatest Coach in the History of Sports. Cool Titles. 2003. 480pp.
John Wooden; with Jack Tobin. They Call Me Coach. McGraw-Hill Professional. 2003. 272pp;
John Wooden; with Steve Jamison. Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and Off the Court. McGraw-Hill Professional. 1997. 201pp.
John Wooden; Swen Nater. John Wooden's UCLA Offense. Human Kinetics. 2006. 215pp.
- Official Website: http://www.coachjohnwooden.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1579)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.764)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.810)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.513-15)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.544)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.5, p.174)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.886)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.275)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications