Scientist, Inventor (28-Oct-1914 23-Jun-1995)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Carter. Breakthrough : The Saga of Jonas Salk. London: Trident Press. 1965. 435pp.
Jeffrey Kluger. Splendid Solution: Jonas Salk and the Conquest of Polio. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 2004. 373pp.
Jeffrey Kluger. Splendid Solution: Jonas Salk and the Conquest of Polio. New York: Putnam. 2005. 680pp. "Pushes the [Salk] myth to an extreme", Angela Matysiak, MIT Technology Review. "Hagiographic treatment", Business Week.
Ronald A. Reis. Jonas Salk, Microbiologist. New York: Ferguson. 2006. 120pp.
John Rowland. The Polio Man : The Story of Jonas Salk. London, UK: Lutterworth Press. 1960. 122pp.
Jane S. Smith. Patenting the Sun: Polio and the Salk Vaccine. New York: William Morrow. 1990. 413pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.979)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.672)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.622)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1290)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.914)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.442)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.826)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.642)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.462c)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.828)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.439)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.423)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.462)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.132)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications