Painter (born 15-May-1930)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Roberta Bernstein. Jasper Johns: A Retrospective. Museum of Modern Art. 1996. 408pp.
Richard Francis. Jasper Johns. Abbeville Press. 1984. 128pp.
Georges Boudaille, Jasper Johns. Jasper Johns. Rizzoli. 1989. 128pp.
Jill Johnston. Jasper Johns: Privileged Information. Thames and Hudson. 1996. 335pp.
Fred Orton. Figuring Jasper Johns. Harvard University Press. 1994. 248pp.
Joan Rothfuss. Past Things and Present: Jasper Johns Since 1983. Distributed Art Publishers. 2003. 152pp.
Jeffrey Weiss. Jasper Johns: An Allegory of Painting, 1955-1965. Yale University Press. 2007. 276pp.
John Yau. The United States of Jasper Johns. Zoland Books. 1997. 119pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.611)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.367)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.349)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.788)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.402)
- Current Biography, 1967 Yearbook (pp.203-05)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.254)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.532)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.374)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.263)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.79)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.551)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.64)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications